Thursday 4 December 2008

Col’s Creature Watch #1

Up until this evening I thought my first creature watch was going to be quite tame. I had up until then seen what appeared to be the same sort of spider that we get in Scotland, and the same sort of grey squirrel that we get in Scotland – so nothing to write home about (quite literally). Then I observed this monster…


Ok, perhaps monster is a bit of an exaggeration, but we definitely don’t get those in Scotland. I then spent the next half hour or so trying to decide how best to get rid of it. If you are a lover of all animals, you may wish to stop reading now, be warned a scorpion was hurt in the making of this blog. My first move was to change into a shoe with a thicker sole, perfect for stamping duty. Unfortunately while I was putting on these weapons of mass destruction, the scorpion had decided to crawl right next to a wall. So instead I opted for the pointy end of a broom and squashed it with that. The other end of the broom was then utilised to sweep away the squashed remains.

Please note that I do not intend to squash all entries in my creature watch, but scorpions in the house will not be tolerated.

2 comments:

Dave Morrow said...

WOW! I'd be on the first plane back. I'm very impressed with the fact you killed it with nothing more than a big stick.

Scorpions may withstand an atomic blast, but they will never survive big Col fae Dyce.

Next time try and capture it and then slap it in a bottle of tequila for some nice munchies a few days later.

Col said...

Well it is Col 1 Scorpions 0 at the moment, and to be honest I hope it stays that way. I do not wish for this particular match to be a high scoring contest. If there is a next time I will try and persuade it to go quietly into a bottle of tequila, it's got to be a better way to go than to be squashed by a big stick.